The Indian Institute of Technology is one of the premier institutes of engineering and technology in India. The professors here have a long-term legacy of producing some of the best minds who contribute to innovative technologies. IIT rolls out the vacancies related to the positions of assistant professor, associate professor, and professor. The candidates should have a first-class grade or a similar qualification and a PhD degree related to the respective branch. The applicants should also have an excellent academic record to qualify for the post of faculty at IIT. They can earn around Rs 2 Lakh by working as a professor.
1. Professor- The candidate should have 10 years of teaching experience in the research and the industrial institutes. They should also have at least four years of experience as Associate Professors in IITs, Indian Institute of Science, Indian Institute of Management, and National Institute of Industrial Engineering. NITIE is also known as the Indian Institute of Management Mumbai.
2. Associate Professor- The candidates applying for this post should have at least six years of teaching experience, of which at least three years should be experience as an Assistant Professor.
3. Assistant Professor- Applicants applying for the position of Assistant Professor Grade 1 should have a minimum of 3 years of teaching, research, or industrial experience. Candidates who have less than 3 years of experience will be appointed as Assistant Professor Grade 2. Initially, this post will be contractual-based and can be regularized after three years.
1. Professor– The pay matrix under level 14A is Rs 159100-220200 per month for professors. This salary includes the dearness allowance and the travelling allowance. The minimum pay is Rs 159100 and the gross salary is Rs 2,31,034 including allowances.
2. Associate Professor- Pay matrix for the associate professor post under Level 13 A2 Rs 139600-211300 per month. The minimum salary is given up to Rs 1,39,600. The gross salary is Rs 2,03,344 including the allowances like DA and TA.
3. Assistant Professor- Assistant Professor Grade 1 (IIT Assistant Professor Salary) – Pay Matrix under Level 12 for the assistant professor is Rs 101500-167400 per month. The minimum salary is up to Rs 1,01,500 and the gross salary is Rs 1,49,242 including allowances.