Curated By: Nibandh Vinod
Last Updated: September 18, 2023, 09:42 IST
Hartalika Teej is a Hindu festival celebrated by women to pray for the well-being of their husbands. It is one of the most important festivals for married women. This year it is being celebrated today on Monday, September 18. Mehandi, or henna, is an integral part of the celebrations. Women apply mehandi to their hands and feet on this day to symbolize their love and devotion to their husbands. Applying mehandi on this day is a beautiful way to celebrate the love and devotion between a husband and wife.
TYPES OF MEHANDI DESIGNS
There are many different types of mehandi designs that can be worn for Hartalika Teej. Some of the most popular designs include:
- Floral designs
These designs feature a variety of flowers, such as roses, lilies, and marigolds. Floral designs are very popular for Hartalika Teej because they are considered to be symbols of love and beauty.
- Geometric designs
These designs feature intricate patterns and geometric shapes. Geometric designs are often used in combination with floral designs to create a more elaborate look.
- Peacock designs
Peacocks are considered to be sacred birds in Hinduism. They are also symbols of love and beauty. Peacock designs are a popular choice for Hartalika Teej because they represent the love and devotion between a husband and wife.
- Bride and groom designs
These designs feature bride and groom figures. Bride and groom designs are a popular choice for Hartalika Teej because they represent the new beginning of a marriage.
HARTALIKA TEEJ 2023: BEST MEHANDI DESIGNS
HOW TO APPLY MEHANDI
To apply mehandi, you will need the following materials:
- Mehandi powder
- Lemon juice
- A cone or brush
- Mix the mehandi powder with water to form a paste.
- Add a few drops of lemon juice and sugar to the paste.
- Apply the paste to your hands and feet using a cone or brush.
- Allow the mehandi to dry completely.
- Once the mehandi is dry, scrape it off with your nails.
Tips for Darker Mehandi
- Leave the mehandi on for as long as possible before scraping it off.
- Apply a layer of oil or petroleum jelly over the mehandi to help it darken.
- Keep your hands and feet warm while the mehandi is drying.
Happy Hartalika Teej to all!